Thursday 2 February 2012

Research and Planning: Initial Idea for Music Magazine

My magazine will be mainstream. The magazine will be based on UK top chart music and will be published weekly, this is because it publish the latest of the top 40 top chart list each week. I have chosen this as i believe it is popular category within the music magazine market. The typical artists that might feature in my magazine would be The Wanted, JLS, David Guetta, Jessie J, Coldplay and many others like these. This means my genre of music could be from rock to classical, depending what is within the charts. My magazine will feature things like interviews, upcoming gigs, competitions, free giveaways, reviews and the latest gossip.

The target market i will be aiming at is around 16-24. I have chosen to target this age bracket because these are the typical kind of age who would be wanting to buy music magazines. I thought about this through looking at other music magazines which i found most of them was based around the same age.

This magazine will be different than music magazines like Kerrang, as it will contain a wide variety of different genres of music than a specific one like just on rock like Kerrang is.

The colour scheme i would like the magazine to be is a mixture of dark colours and bright colours. I have decided this as they make a very good contrast, especially as my magazine will consist of different genres of music the use of different colours makes my magazine hybrid and i believe would be eye catching and grab my audiences attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment