Thursday 15 March 2012

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

I have represented young people within my magazine. The photos i took give a sterotypical view of how we see today's young artists in the world of music. For my front cover the person I used represents the body language young people tend to be represented by with his facial expressions and body posture. He is being represented as being confident, fun and the type of person who doesn't care about anything around him which gives him a chilled out cool look. The same look is being represented on my double page spread photograph. I wanted my photos not to be to extreme which might a niche magazines might do to interest their small viewers. A magazine like Kerrang show people in the magazines with a particular interest to rock. As my magazine is a mainstream chart music magazine i didn't want to limit it to a specific genre of music. As my magazine is mainstream it needs to appeal to most people and not a particular social group for example emos or goths. Instead i went for my photographs being casual and not to obsure which will appeal to a wider audience. I also added an extra lightning effect in my photographs which adds to the stylishness of the person. Overall i think these elements of the photo represents is conformed to the sterotype of youth in today to appeal to a mainstream target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment