Wednesday 7 March 2012

Audience Response Via Facebook on Front cover



I set up a facebook group where i uploaded the three drafts of my music magazine pages.
For my frontcover these were my results;

Sophie Lane I like the title :D But the "It's my time to shine" doesn't look right being slanted and looks random, it wouldn't be like that on a real magazine, other than that it's great :D


Emma Barnett I agree with Sophie, and maybe you might want to put the purple oval shape thing saying "win a pair of beats by dre headphones" a little higher up near the title, as it doesnt really go with the central image. Other than that, it looks very professional


Beth Oliver I agree with Sophie and I don't like the gap in the top right, just under the masthead - it just needs something to fill that gap! But apart from that.. It looks great :D

William Lloyd I like your masthead- good choice of title for the genre and the colour scheme to match. 


You could perhaps invert the blue and the white; having that white clash with the black strapline underneath looks a bit wonky. You could move the UK £2/March from the bottom of the page to the top (and you don't need a bar code unless you particularly want it). I'd suggest using "it's my time to shine" as a potential banner that stretches the width of the page towards the bottom and have the little "exclusive with Dan Roe" etc just underneath it, so the three coverlines you already have can be moved upwards (you can remove 'features' because it's obsolete), I like the image you've used with the silver background, perhaps make him look a bit more enthusastic about music in particular? Give him a microphone or guitar or decks or something? The purple oval is a nice touch :)


Alice Bywater I really like your colour scheme :D i think the It's my time to shine though should maybe be across his chest ...also maybe make the font a bit bigger. Other than that its really goooood! And i love your title :) it looks very professional.



Abbie Yapp I like the colour scheme think it goes well with the theme of the magazine. I agree with Alice I think "It's my time to shine" could be a little bit bigger and could possibly go across his chest. I loooove the name of the magazine. Also you could maybe place another coverline in the right hand corner just to cover the space. Other than that I loooove it :3



Lucy Crowther Really liking your front cover and as you know i love the whole title! I dont know what your target audience is but if its mixed gender the covers looking a little girly to appeal to boys. Its good how you've highlighed 'exclusive' really attracts attention to one of your main stories. This is a really nice front cover :)


No comments:

Post a Comment